Established in 1986, Brownway Residence was opened to provide a homelike environment for people who can no longer, safely, remain in their home independently. Licensed as a Level III Residential Care Facility, it is our goal to allow the residents that live with us, to age in place in a respectful and dignified manner with resident centered care.
Brownway Residence continues to move towards a hospitality model while growing to suit the needs of the seniors in Franklin County. With 50 private rooms, a large dining room, a great room and several private sitting areas, residents are sure to find a quiet and comfortable place to enjoy. Outside, residents are provided a scenic and peaceful place to reflect and enjoy the four Vermont seasons.
Our around the clock, dedicated staff are loyal, caring, respectful and professional. They are provided on-going training and support to ensure that they have all of the tools necessary to provide outstanding care. Nursing oversight is provided seven days per week with on-call support to staff, residents and families during the evening and overnight hours. All aspects of care, to include medical, personal and social needs, are translated, by nursing, into an individualized plan of care to help forecast the current and future goals for each of the residents here at Brownway Residence.
While maintaining the autonomy of each resident, the staff are trained to provide various levels of support for all activities of daily living. We provide socialization through group and individual activity programs and offer opportunities and support for residents to engage in meaningful events out in the community.
- Daily supervision by caring, dedicated and professional staff
- Nursing oversight 7 days per week
- Individualized assistance with activities of daily living
- Medication management
- Specialized staff training in redirection and support for residents with cognitive decline
- Family style dining which boasts nutritious and well rounded meals
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Companionship and socialization
- Transportation to appointments
- Full activity schedule to meet all social, psychosocial and spiritual needs
- Short to long term respite care
- Coordination with outside agencies and referral sources as needed